Don’t forget to follow me on all of my socials.
All under the handle : ASTOLDBYSHANISE.
Let’s be friends. I don’t bite.
Don’t forget to follow me on all of my socials.
All under the handle : ASTOLDBYSHANISE.
Let’s be friends. I don’t bite.
To be honest when I got into mamamoo last year, whee in was the last to catch my eye. I know she’s part of the vocal line and obviously can sing her ass off, but I feel personally she got overshadowed by my instant love for my queen HWASA. It wasn’t until she recently dropped her solo redd that I became OBSESSED with miss whee in and can now appreciate her talents more, because honey WHEE IN HAS MAJOR VOCALS.
I wasn’t sure what to expect from this album, I feel like mamamoo is more r&b but still they’re a kpop girlgroup, so I wasn’t sure what her sound was. I was pleasantly surprised that she’s got more of a soft R&b vibe.
I love this entire album and I know I say this alot, especially about kpop, but this album is giving me picnic- spring time vibes. I just love her voice. I hate to be a “solo” stan, but I’m starting to love mamamoos solo projects more than their group music.( Don’t shoot me) they’re still of course one of my favorite girl groups, it’s just they shine more solo, in my opinion.
Here are my favorites
1. Trash ft pH-1 : when I say bop you say TRASH BY WHEE IN!!!! Such a dirty but fun twerking song. Yes whee in honey, we are all trash.
2. Butterfly ft Gsoul- at this point I feel like every kpop artist has a song called butterfly and they’re all BOPS. This song is so beautiful and their voices go so well together and it gives me total 90s r&b vibes. Whee ins voice is so flipping pretty.
3. Spring time- I just love this song. Simple as that. It’s a great song and she sounds amazing.
After hearing redd , I’m now gonna check out her other solo work. Solo whee in, you’ve got a new fan. Well done. Redd is beautiful!!!
Just itzy casually being ICONIC, and becoming brand ambassadors for the cosmetics line, Maybelline no big deal.
Girl, I guess their team gets a few rights. And having this type of promo right before their comeback is such a power move. Itzy is coming for all your favs crown. They all look stunning and I’m SO happy to see they’re not completely white-washed .
It’s nearly 10 at night and whilst I was in the shower singing old little mix tunes, i had this thought, ” fetus little mix was actually SUPER iconic”. So here I am to unleash my little mix truth on you.
Let’s start with they were the ONLY band ever to win the shit show xfactor!! Next let’s talk about how their xfactor single and debut single wings were both number one singles!! Let’s move on to their debut album, which was full of hard hitting BOPS. I’ve never known a girlgroup to debut and go as hard as little mix did. From their fun girl empowerment songs to the VOCALS AND HARMONIES. We were truly blessed, we had wings, how ya doing, DNA!!!!! I still haven’t heard anything as heavenly and insane as DNA, in 2021!!! They really broke the mold with that one. The entire Dna album was just a solid introduction into the music industry, so much so it landed them a number 3 spot on the Uk charts and number 4 on the US charts!! They were the highest rating girlgroup from the UK since the SPICE GIRLS!!!! Who was doing it like rookie Mix?! NOBODY!!! okay sorry for screaming, but I just can’t wrap my head around how amazing baby mix was and I lived through it.
Now let’s talk about the amazing covers they did, because baby they did PLENTY.
1. The end of time beyonce cover they did was * chefs kiss* AMAZING. The HARMONIES..MM .. it was like eating chocolate cake.
2. The we are young cover was INSANE and better than the original. Everytime I hear the song now I think of little mix.
3. The Don’t let go by envouge cover, WHICH LET’S BE HONEST, NOONE COULD HAVE DONE THAT SONG JUSTICE BUT LITTLE MIX. HATS OFF . And they’re were barley 21 then, just babies.
4. The I will wait cover- listen if I ever have to listen to anything on repeat and just cry my eyes out, that would be the song. And with the live orchestra….I will NEVER shut up about it.
Rookie Mix was just the moment and you can’t convince me otherwise. Even their fashion was iconic and super *british*.( Even though I know they probably hate some of their clothing choices from back then), I think they looked so cool and fresh. Now they look like everybody else,( with the exception of jade and jesy, who pretty much still do their own thing and dress cool- just with $designer). I think if they would have kept their cool sense of style and kept their cool old school vibes to their song they would have been even BIGGER.
I’ll always have a soft spot for baby mix, it was just a time to be alive I tell you. They were truly ICONIC and ahead of their time.
This new era has just started and it’s already starting with a bang. With her new critically acclaimed documentary and new album ,Demi is back and better than ever!!
I knew something was missing with the i love me era, I just couldn’t put my finger on it. It seemed to safe, bland. It was Demi but it wasn’t. I don’t know how to explain it, but I just knew she was better than that. That she had more to give musically. In other words no matter how amazing, I love me was BORING.
This new era feels fresh and honest. And even though I was AGAINST demi ONCE again talking about her struggles and making it even more public, I feel like this is something she needs to do for herself. The documentary shows us what we already know plus even more, and it’s absolutely heartbreaking. The horrible part is, we’re only two episodes in and I’m like- I cried all the way through the first two , I won’t be able to sit through any more sadness. I love demi with all my heart, and think she has more talent in her toenails than most artist today. I just HATE that she’s been reduced to this addict pop star, when she’s so much more! And I personally feel like the more documentaries she does on it, the more people will push that label on her and care nothing about her music. But if she needs to do this to heal, I’ll support her.
Anyways this era is SERVING us so much. I can’t wait to actually hear the entire album and see what else she has in store for us.
Look how healthy and radiant she looks. I approve.
Exo-ls our big dimple baby is off to the military tommorow. This is my first time stanning a group where I’m present for a member leaving, and it’s sad. I’m still working my way through exo and all of their solo works and I promise yours is next. I pray you work hard, but please stay safe and sane!! And we will be right here when you get out. You’re gonna do amazing!!!
I honestly don’t agree with the whole sending every male off to join the military plot, but I know it’s part of their culture and they do it for their country. I just couldn’t do it, I can only imagine how his family and close friends feel. I know it’s mandatory, but it still must suck.
Ahh , I know this review is extremely late. Considering I’ve been listening to this album on repeat and having several dance parties for weeks now. I finally got around to listening to my little bacons second ep and as expected I LOVED IT. Exo members are just really exceptional at doing R&b music. It’s just facts, I don’t make the rules. If his label wanted to and if america wasn’t a giant racist pool, baekhyun would be extremely popular in the states. He’s adorable, he’s loud and funny, and he can dance/sing. Girls would eat him up for sure. And some men too. ANYWAYS, here’s my favorites off delight.
1. Underwater- just call me the number 1 underwater stan. I just LOVE this song. And it makes me fall even harder for baekhyun. His voice is just so damn good. Exo are lucky to have him.
2. Poppin- I kid you NOT, one day I replayed this song like 12 times and NEVER got tired of it. Not once , that’s when you know a song is good.
3. Candy- sorry not sorry, I just love this song and the choreography. My man is truly so talented.
What’s your favorite off delight?! And do you prefer exo baekhyun or solo baekhyun!?
I know mixers, you’re reading my title and going ” WHAT THE HELL”?!? , truth is, little mix doesn’t have a “Bad Album” per say, but they definitely have weaker albums . Here are the best vs the worst. Keep in mind I LOVE ALL THEIR ALBUMS AND OWN THEM ALL . This is just my humble opinion.
BEST LITTLE MIX ALBUMS
1. Glory days- Glory days really put them on the map!! And it’s full of bops and glory days era had some of their best videos .
2. Salute- I will NEVER forget the industry and mixers for letting this masterpiece of an album FLOP HARD . Every single song could have been a single and every single song goes HARD. Salute will always rain supreme. She never ages.
3. Get weird- this was the start of something new for little mix. Black magic really took off and the promo and content we got out of this era was insane!!! Not to mention it’s just a fun random pop album. And hello it has lighting, love me or leave me, grown and omg on it. BOP NATION.
4. LM5- sadly this is when they decided to leave simons label , so LM5 got paid dust. But this album lyrically, is their best!! Had they had a stable management and label , this album would have made them MASSIVE.
LITTLE MIX WORST ALBUMS
5. Dna sis I’m so sorry I had to do this to you. Compared to your sisters you just fall weak. Now dna was a super impressive debut, but alot of the songs now I can’t even take seriously . Now don’t get me wrong, DNA is still a BOP. Just like a cringey bop.
6. Confetti- Not a bad album at all, just not cohesive at all. And compared to her sisters , falls a little short. It’s like a drunk version of get weird. Remember that scrapped album before get weird, they threw away, I bet Confetti has some of it’s songs . Still confetti is an entire bop and it’s fun sure… But they could have done better. Break up song , holiday and gloves up don’t fit. And the songs were all super short. It’s almost like they rushed it . And with all the jesy drama, I can honestly understand why.
So there you have it mixers. This is my opinion and you can disagree, that’s okay. Sound off in the comments below if you agree or disagree. I would love to hear your reasons. Until next time.
Last night the grammys aired and if you’re army, you were equal parts excited to watch them PERFORM and win the award they so rightfully deserve . Well to say we were disappointed was a understatement .
Not only did they keep fans up ALL night just to see bts PERFORM, they literally were the second to last Performance. But they snubbed them as well.
Now this wouldn’t be that big of deal, the grammys no matter how prestigious ,is rigged and the committee is full of white old people. It’s also been said by alot of artists that the grammys is basically a paid award for some artists and it’s not based on actual talent and numbers.
I’ve never really cared for the grammys personally, they never NOMINATED little mix or one direction. So I knew it was rigged. But to hype up army’s for like 3 months and use them as bait so people will watch this garbage ceremony that’s slowing dying is a low, smart tatic move, but low!!
The grammy ratings have been going down every year and they know how big bts fandom is and how much army’s support the boys. So why not hype them up to make it seem like they’re gonna win and save their Performance for last.
I love harry styles, but BTS should’ve opened the show. That dynamite Performance was way too big to be the second to last Performance of the night. And VISUALLY it was the coolest .
Now on to them loosing, yes it’s not that big of a deal or the end of the world( BTS HAS MANY AWARDS ALREADY), it’s the fact that they work their bottoms off and they actually love their job and fans. No one is working harder than BTS AND THATS A FACT!!! They really wanted this grammy and they deserved it. Dynamite was a smash hit and was eating up the charts and radios. The video almost has a billion views.
No shade to lady gaga and ariana, because I love rain on me, but it wasn’t the song of the summer and the grammys know that. If we’re going by Numbers it FOR SURE GOES TO BTS.
I’m an army so yes I’m SALTY. I don’t care about the grammys but I know they do. And if we’re really being honest it’s all because they’re asian. Had any other white artists had the numbers bts had, they would’ve gotten all the awards last night . So yes it’s a xenophobic thing. And hollywood needs to do better.
It’s the fact that you could tell how disappointed they were and sad, but tried to keep smiles on their faces for army. It’s the fact that they think they need to work harder, when in reality the business needs to change and be more inclusive. The world is not just 50 shades of white artist’s.
It’s also the fact that bts made history by being the ONLY kpop artist to be nominated and why? Kpop is MASSIVE, the numbers they bring in is INSANE . Yet the western industry keeps ignoring them and treating them like the latest fad .
I just know bts are bigger than the scammys. And I hope they truly know that! They’ve had two record smashing albums back to back. You don’t need some white-washed rigged award to know how great you are . BTS ARE THE GRAMMYS AT THIS POINT. AND they will continue to work hard and outsell every western artist. And that itself is the biggest payback you could ever get .