When I first heard about this film I was kinda of interested but kind of not. It just didn’t make any logical sense as to why anyone would hear screaming from a field of “tall grass” and run into it and try to help. But I guess if everyone just called the cops first then we wouldn’t have a film. To say this movie was highly disturbing would be a understatement. The movie follows a brother and sister on a road trip, who while driving by hears cry’s of help from the tall grass . The brother and sister then are lured into the grass and all its sinster secrets it holds. Overall the film was pretty good. I haven’t read the book so I don’t know if they did it justice or not. But as a Stephen king fan I can say it was very weird and disturbing and disgusting, so they must have done something right. There’s plenty of “omg wtf” scenes but one scene in particular that has stayed with me since watching it Saturday. And let’s just say it gave me straight mother/Jennifer Lawrence vibes. I give in the tall grass 8/10. Patrick Wilson was AMAZING and plays a creepy scary asshole too well. The other acting was alright compared to his. In my opinion he carried the whole film. I would watch it again but maybe skip over certain parts.
- Fuck boys are for little girls who have time on their hands and nothing to do. Not women with plans , goals and ambition. Drop them . You know Them when you see them
- Drama is pointless and literally gives you a migraine. Stay clear of EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING THAT BRINGS IT.
- Paying bills is an unnecessary necessity unfortunately but makes you feel like a real life grown up with your shit together.
- Paying your bills ahead of time makes you feel even better
- You’re a little ocd now and have become uneasy when areas are dirty. (I think I’m turning into my mother)
- Your work ethic has approved. You’re taking on more but you’re also getting tired faster
- Drink LOTS OF WATER. And wine but mostly WATER
- YOU’VE been working out a lot this year. Keep it up. Your body thanks you
- You smell bullshit a mile away and don’t put up with it no matter who it’s from.
- When something bothers you… speak up or it’ll continue to bother you.
- You plan on going back to school full time In January. ( keep that promise)
- You plan to move out in the next two years. (Keep to it)
- Youre into planning and making lists now. (Real life old lady in the making)
- You rather go get dinner and drinks versus going to a hott sweaty club.
- Which brings us here… you’ve drank way too much between 21-27 and now you can barley drink at all.( sad times)
- You like routine and order When things do not go as planned or the routine changes it bothers you DEEPLY.
- You HATE asking for help and get it done faster when you don’t have to ask anyone.
- People in their early 20s have NOTHING in common with you shanise. You’re almost 30 sister. Stop trying to hang with the young folks. And it explains why they aggravate you. ( damn youths)
- You’re gaining more patience with children ( maybe they’re coming for you sooner than you think.
- You’ve been acutely aware of the fact that your getting older and have been secretly holding on to childish things and childish ways. It’s okay, let go. 29 and your 30s are gonna be AWESOME.
- 28 hasn’t been that bad either.
- Boys who don’t have their shit together doesn’t appeal to you.
- Boys in general does nothing for you.
- Now a MAN….
- you’re worth so much more than you give yourself credit for. You’re doing so much better than you give yourself credit for. You got this.
” Jamie. Jameson. James. Is warmth. Like literally happiness and warmth wrapped in a blanket. Is protection feeling so safe and protected against all that is wrong . Is bad jokes and even more so -inappropriate jokes at the wrong times. Is being ever so patient when you’re in a mood ( which is a lot) is the best hugger and cuddle man boy on the PLANET. Like I said he feels like home and warmth. It’s 1000 stupid nicknames and still having the ability to come up with more. Is inside jokes- dirty inside jokes. Is breakups and makeups and breakups again. (One day we’ll get it right) is the most gentle soul I’ve ever known. Also maybe the sweetest soul I’ve ever known. Sometimes you meet people who are like real life angels and you don’t deserve them at the moment. But you just know they’re crossing your path for a reason. He’s warmth and happiness wrapped in a blanket. He’s home💔”
September was full of healing and separation. September was full of the old me mixed with the new me. September was full of anxiety and trying new things on my own. September was full of healing. September was forgiving for the past and moving forward. September was falling fast inlove again. September was full of belly laughs and face kisses. September was full of sorrys. September was full of healing. September was staying away from drama and people who bring it. September I’m so grateful for you. You came and gone so fast. But your impact will last a lifetime. Thankyou❤️ because of you I NOW love September’s.
remember some years ago that fim(Freddy vs Jason) that we’d all like to forget? Well I personally think they should have done a Freddy vs pennywise. Think about it, they’re some of the most iconic and scary horror icons out there. They BOTH operate on using your mind to scare you. And using your deep darkest fears against you. They also use jokes and belittle you while trying to kill you. And… they don’t kill you right away… they play with you awhile then BAM… you’re dead. So who’s the strongest and scariest?! Who would win in a battle?! Who would you rather fight?! Pennywise vs FReddy Kruger and GO🎙
- IT-chapter 2
- Scary stories to tell in the dark
- Ready or Not
I generally start celebrating Halloween and fall in August so I’m way behind . Here’s some spooky shows to watch to get you in the spirit for HALLOWEEN🎃🎃
- The vampire diaries- Netflix/dvd/shoebox
- The originals-Netflix/dvd/showbox
- The walking dead
- Hemlock grove
- American horror story
- The haunting of hill house
- Are you afraid of the dark-Reboot
let’s talk about how important this moment was this past Monday on MTVs VIDEO MUSIC AWARDS. Now we can always count on lizzo to deliver an amazing performance, but we can also count on it to be for the culture and infused with self love. She’s had past performances of getting her hair braided on live tv, a church choir signing with her , and twerking while flawlessly playing the flute. This performance was no different. She had ALL full figured dancers who rocked Afro puffs! Until one moment where lizzo gave a speech about loving yourself no matter how hard the world makes it for you to which the dances then snatched off their Afro puffs to reveal cornrows❤️👏 to see that much beauty and diverse body loving types on national tv was Beautiful. Not to mention the crowd went nuts and gave her a standing ovation!!! She was without a doubt the BEST performance of the night (normani came in second). I know that moment meant so much to so many little full sized chocolate girls who don’t have long blonde hair. Lizzo is important! She’s proud of her body and embodies all of her imperfections!! She wears them proudly. And let’s everyone know” I’ll never be your side chick ” and “you could’ve had a bad bitch”. Man I wanna be like lizzo when I grow up. Her performance nearly brought me to tears!! Bravo lizzo. Bravo.🔈👏
I don’t know what’s really going on behind the scenes with little mix and their record labels. But what I do know is bounce back could have been an American HIT. It’s right on wave with the sexy twerk music we have on our radios right now. It’s more tame but fits right in with my type, twerk and big ol freak. Had their label promoted them right in AMERICA and not just London. This could’ve blew them the fuck UP. I just don’t get it. They’ve switched labels and still only getting promoted in the uk. Not to mention the girls seem bored because they’ve all been on about 30000 holiday vacations. And now are getting ready for their Europe/UK tour. I’m just so confused as to why they pushed the Australian tour dates back for “promo” and then didn’t do any promo. What is going on with little mix!!?
(LONG DRAMATIC SIGHHHHHH) where to stare with this film. First things first the acting from all parties were amazing and almost saved this movie. Second the film started off so strong and had many scenes were I was excited to see where we were going only to find we were going nowhere. The premise of this film is a bunch of teenagers befriend a odd lonely lady they nickname “MA”. They start partying with her after she continues to buy alcohol for them. They then of course start to notice something might be off about MA, but not enough to stop them for partying in her creepy basement. One of the MANY things that annoyed me about this film was the parents!! None of them noticed their kids were partying with MA until towards the end of the film. And I’m assuming this film was supposed to take place over a couple of months. So that is worrisome in itself. Another things that bothered me was her “kills”. Now not every kill needs to be some big Hollywood saw type thing. But her kills were made to be like normal. Like hey I just ran over a lady and kiddnapped a man. No biggie. The ending SUCKED. Like every creepy thing they had to offer in film we saw in the trailer. And that one scene with all the teens towards the end( where they all SURVIVED) was just so lackluster. They could have done SO much more with the ending and this film entirely! But decided to play it super safe. Maybe the pg13 rating stopped them from going there. Or maybe we’ve become so used to gory and jump scares that we don’t like horror films without them. Any way you put it this film could’ve went straight to Netflix. I give it 3 out of 10, and that’s just for the acting alone. I would watch it again but just to watch it or have on in the background for Halloween or something. I’m glad I didn’t go see this is in theaters.