If corona has taught us anything it’s to appreciate the little things in life we would take for granted. Here’s some of the simple things I miss terribly that I took for granted because I though “ I’ll just do it next weekend”.
1. Friends- I use to cancel and back out of so many things with my friends. After this is all over I won’t turn down a single plan
2. Bars/clubs- I used to HATE going out to clubs . And only tolerated bars because they can be chill. But since being on lockdown for about a month and going crazy.. I can’t WAIT to go out and let loose and have fun.
Restaurants. Parks. THE MALL. And just being around other people in general. I miss it all so much and can’t for it all to over. What do you miss ?! What did you take for granted?!
I know times are hard for most and uncertain for us all, but here’s what I’ve been doing to keep me sane!
4.watching the same Netflix shows over and over(brings me comfort)
5. Everyday I start with the mantra “I’m grateful, I’m thankful, I’m blessed” it helps to put things into perspective.
I know things suck right now and everything is closed and people are dying rapidly, but we have to remember to follow what the surgeon general is telling us and to stay inside and wash it hands!! If everyone follows he rules set in place this will be over much sooner. It blows my mind how some governors aren’t taking this serious and letting people go out and crowd places. This will never be over if everyone doesn’t all come together.
Here are some of the films I’ve watched in the last few weeks that were AMAZING.
1. Knives out- now I get the hype around it. Amazing performance from Everyone. Especially Chris Evans. I love him as there hero, but love him even more as the bad guy.
2.the invisible man. Now upon seeing the commercials I will admit I thought it looked a bit silly. But oh man oh man this is without a doubt one of the best films of 2020. Elizabeth Moss is a BEAST!! And carries this entire movie on her back !
3. The gentlemen. What a pleasant surprise. I happen to be one of those girls who can enjoy a little man ensemble nonsense film from time to time. Especially when the men are handsome. This film is an excellent film though and I’m surprised I didn’t hear to much praise about it when it came out. It’s super clever and funny. And everyone gives an outstanding performance.
4.zombieland 2. Not much to say about this one other than I enjoyed it very much . And it’s what you expect from a zombie comedy.
What have you been watching in self isolation? Any of these films?
Hello. As I sit here drinking my rather large glass of red wine and watching the vampire diaries for the 100th time, I thought “self why won’t you do a wine Wednesday’s where you ramble about shit but drunk” and I thought “wow shanise you are brilliant”. So that’s that, I’ll be doing a wineost- wine post every Wednesday or every other Wednesday. Or maybe I’ll do it on Thursday. Guess we will see.
Today’s post is about how NONE of my exes look alike. I now realize after 28 years of dating fails that I don’t actually have a type. *gasp* I have a type for famous men afcourse, I’m not a animal! But real life boys , I’m not really bothered. As long as they’re cute and make me laugh. If you could see my list of exes/people i talked too. (Hides begins wine) I like to pretend I never dated any of them to be honest. And when I see them in public I run. Maybe one day I’ll indulge you all in my horror dating stories. Lol maybe not.