I know times are hard for most and uncertain for us all, but here’s what I’ve been doing to keep me sane!
4.watching the same Netflix shows over and over(brings me comfort)
5. Everyday I start with the mantra “I’m grateful, I’m thankful, I’m blessed” it helps to put things into perspective.
I know things suck right now and everything is closed and people are dying rapidly, but we have to remember to follow what the surgeon general is telling us and to stay inside and wash it hands!! If everyone follows he rules set in place this will be over much sooner. It blows my mind how some governors aren’t taking this serious and letting people go out and crowd places. This will never be over if everyone doesn’t all come together.
Here are some of the films I’ve watched in the last few weeks that were AMAZING.
1. Knives out- now I get the hype around it. Amazing performance from Everyone. Especially Chris Evans. I love him as there hero, but love him even more as the bad guy.
2.the invisible man. Now upon seeing the commercials I will admit I thought it looked a bit silly. But oh man oh man this is without a doubt one of the best films of 2020. Elizabeth Moss is a BEAST!! And carries this entire movie on her back !
3. The gentlemen. What a pleasant surprise. I happen to be one of those girls who can enjoy a little man ensemble nonsense film from time to time. Especially when the men are handsome. This film is an excellent film though and I’m surprised I didn’t hear to much praise about it when it came out. It’s super clever and funny. And everyone gives an outstanding performance.
4.zombieland 2. Not much to say about this one other than I enjoyed it very much . And it’s what you expect from a zombie comedy.
What have you been watching in self isolation? Any of these films?
We are living in scary uncertain times. Two weeks ago I was going into spring break after taking my exams and planning two vacations for April. Now both of those have been cancelled and my college has transferred all classes online. The future seems uncertain and so far away as we’ve been ordered to stay inside and keep at least 6 ft between us. In the light of what seems like “the end of the world” I’ve decided to compile a corona virus list. Aka things to do while you’re at home in between work or school so you don’t go stir crazy.
1. Netflix. Hulu or Disney plus! Catch up on all your shows you’ve been to busy to watch and or start new ones.
2.workout. Now gyms and such might be closed but you can go for walks and or go running outside.
3.which brings us to number 3 make sure and get some sunlight!!! It’s very important to get some vitamin D especially if you’re suffering from anxiety or depression! Don’t forget to soak up some sun. Even if you’re just sitting on your porch.
4.pray/meditate. You don’t have to be super religious to pray. You can pray to the Universe and just ask for guidance. And meditation will help you calm any worry’s or stress this situation has undoubtedly put on you.
5. Read . Finish that book you started years ago or start a new one.
6. Start baking! What better way than to start up a tasty hobby. It can be fun to involve the kids too.
7.have random dance parties! Also great to include the kids!! It will really lift your spirits!
8. Play board games! Another fun way to just relax and bring the family together for some innocent fun.
9. Stay positive! I know this seems hard now a days and the media is nothing but bad news lately. But nothing bad ever came out staying positive .
Hello. As I sit here drinking my rather large glass of red wine and watching the vampire diaries for the 100th time, I thought “self why won’t you do a wine Wednesday’s where you ramble about shit but drunk” and I thought “wow shanise you are brilliant”. So that’s that, I’ll be doing a wineost- wine post every Wednesday or every other Wednesday. Or maybe I’ll do it on Thursday. Guess we will see.
Today’s post is about how NONE of my exes look alike. I now realize after 28 years of dating fails that I don’t actually have a type. *gasp* I have a type for famous men afcourse, I’m not a animal! But real life boys , I’m not really bothered. As long as they’re cute and make me laugh. If you could see my list of exes/people i talked too. (Hides begins wine) I like to pretend I never dated any of them to be honest. And when I see them in public I run. Maybe one day I’ll indulge you all in my horror dating stories. Lol maybe not.
Today’s know your black history is all about ruby bridges! The first African American to attend an all white school. Looking at the picture sparks many emotions. One is anger, because she’s just an child and shouldn’t have to have bodyguards to attend school and the other is proud. How brave of her to take these monumental steps and not even realize how big of impact or moment this was or would be in the future.